ACT Policing and ACT schools work closely together to promote a safe and secure learning environment for all students in the ACT.
The main objective of liaison and services between ACT Policing and the ACT Department of Education and Training is to:
- establish positive relationships with young people
- engage young people in experiences aimed at personal growth
- prevent youth crime
- direct interventions for young people at risk through programs such as RecLink and other activities offered through the PCYC
- help young offenders through the restorative justice process
- break down barriers between young people and police
- identify and developing appropriate strategies for crime prevention and youth development.